The Rides Operator is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the ride to which they have been assigned, ensuring that the ride is operating within the guidelines set out by the Amusement Services Act. The Rides Operator must be committed to learning the operation of all rides to which they will be assigned and providing a safe exceptional guest entertainment experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and handle a wide variety of guest situations, and understand when to take appropriate action in any situation, critical or otherwise, regarding the safe operation of rides and guest service situations
- Thrill Rides are located at the back of the park and include some of the larger rides such as Dragon Mountain Coaster and Sky Screamer. Some rides may not be for young children as they will not have met the minimum height requirement
- Family Rides are all located at the front of the park and are geared towards families
- Possible cross-training to work in Guest Services, as required
- Follow all legislative and Marineland Health and Safety policies
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Team Members are required to be 18 years of age, pass Ride Operations Training and must have an understanding of Amusement Ride Operation regulations as set out by the park, and the TSSA (Technical Standards & Safety Authority), Industrial Health & Safety as outlined by the Ministry of Labour, WHMIS, Health & Safety regulations
- Experience in Amusement Ride Operations and direct front line customer service experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and people skills with the ability to work with a can-do attitude, always achieving a positive and safe guest experience.
- Ability to work with enthusiasm and energy, maintaining ride safety and integrity while concentrating and working under a variety of pressures
- CSA approved safety shoes/boots required
- Ability to stand and/or walk throughout the entirety of scheduled shifts, during various weather conditions
- Work independently or part of a team
- Support a 7 day a week operation, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Marineland of Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please contact us in advance to make us aware of your needs.