Marineland of Canada Inc. is currently seeking an Amusement Ride Mechanic who will be responsible for the smooth and safe operation of our amusement park rides, machinery, and equipment while ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, and be responsible for installation, inspection, repairs and have strong electronic and schematic abilities. Candidates must hold a valid TSSA license.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance of amusement rides including, but not limited to; opening and closing of rides, trouble shooting and repairing of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of gearboxes, bearings, valves, engines, motors, compressors, electrical circuitry, etc. to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and manufacturers’ schematics.
- Require the physical dexterity to operate hand tools and test instruments.
- Demonstrate strong reading and writing skills to complete correspondence such as daily inspection sheets, maintenance logs and other forms as required.
- Excellent mathematical skills including, but not limited to: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Possess the essential functions necessary to perform the job, including walking, climbing, bending, twisting, stooping and crawling. Ability to work at heights over 450 feet and carry up to 80 lbs. is required.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Holds TSSA certification (ADM-AR) preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, work independently with little supervision and have a positive attitude.
- Hold a valid Driver’s License.
- Applicant must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to support a 7-day week operation, provide on-call services, work overtime, and be available during peak seasonal operation times.
- Work safely and uphold all of Marineland of Canada Inc. Policies and Procedures.