The Shift Team Leader Polar Splash is responsible for the smooth running of the Polar Splash department on a day-to-day basis, particularly when covering for the Polar Splash Team Leader. This position reports directly to the Polar Splash Team Leader and works with Park Operations. This is a key position in the organization in which all guest entertainment expectations are met and surpassed. This position is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the Polar Splash, ensuring that the splash pad is operating with the health and safety of guests and team members at the forefront; the scheduling of team members; for troubleshooting guest, team member and operational concerns; the presentation of the Polar Splash team members and their work ethic; therefore directly influencing the guests experience and impression of Marineland. The Shift Team Leader must be committed to learning and growing in the position and providing a safe, exceptional guest entertainment experience.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
This position is for July and August.
- Experience in or direct front line customer service experience in a related field is preferred.
- Ability to motivate team members is key.
- Able to make decisions, and understand when to take appropriate action in any situation, critical or otherwise, regarding the safe operation of the splash pad and team member and guest service situations.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to work with a can-do attitude, always achieving a positive and safe guest ride experience.
- Understanding of Health & Safety as outlined by WHMIS and Health & Safety regulations.
- Knowledge of some the following would be considered an asset, theme park operations, first aid, emergency situations and record keeping.
- Ability to interact with various outside agencies on behalf of the park if required or directed to do so.
- Work with enthusiasm and energy, maintaining confidentiality and concentration while working under a variety of pressures and extremes of weather conditions.
- Must be able to walk and stand for an entire shift, have a willingness to grow and learn in the position and have the ability to support a 7-day a week operation, sometimes with extended shifts.