Marineland of Canada Inc. is committed to providing a great first impression to our guests; a large part of this rests with the Parking Lot Department. The Parking Lot Attendant is responsible for working in the parking lot on a day-to-day basis, ensuring efficient parking of guest vehicles, the accommodation of guests requiring special parking, the parking and directing of tour buses and other large vehicles, the direction of traffic through the parking areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with enthusiasm and energy, while working under a variety of pressures
- Ensure the safety of all guests and staff in the parking lot, understand the First Aid and the emergency procedures for the Parking Lot Department
- Ensure vehicles are parked in the correct zones and the accessible parking facility is being used appropriately, keep the area in front of Admissions clear of traffic, assist in directing tour buses, ensure continuous emphasis on exceptional guest service, monitor parking lot facilities for cleanliness
- Address any issues of concern in a timely manner with Supervisor, respond to all guest and staff questions and concerns immediately and professionally
- Follow all legislative and Marineland Health and Safety policies
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Direct front line customer service experience in a related field is preferred
- Good verbal and people skills with the ability to work with a can-do attitude, always striving for a positive guest experience
- Physically able to stand and/or walk throughout the entirety of scheduled shifts, during various weather conditions and noise. May require bending, pushing, pulling and moderate lifting throughout the day
- CSA approved safety shoes/boots required
- Work independently or part of a team
- Support a 7 day a week operation, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Marineland of Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please contact us in advance to make us aware of your needs.