The Marine Mammals caregiver is responsible for the care of the marine animals found at Marineland. They also provide exceptional guest service to educate guests and answer any related questions.
- Provide care to all Marine Animals throughout the park
- Daily food preparation
- Education of Guests
- Candidates who are pursuing studies in Zoology, Animal Science, or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum age 18
- Swimming ability is preferred
- Have a practical understanding of the principles of animal behaviour and decision making skills are an asset.
- Prior experience in an animal care facility, farm or kennel is required.
- Ability to speak in front of large crowds is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak a second language an asset
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations pertaining to the Marine Mammal department, care of marine mammals, aquarium maintenance and animal life.
- Able to walk or stand through the majority of shift during various weather conditions.
- Have a flexible schedule which will include, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Possibility to continue year round employment
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Marineland is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.