The Janitorial Associate is responsible for the cleaning and restocking of various areas throughout the park and other Marineland facilities on a day-to-day basis and ensures that all guest expectations of our facilities are met and surpassed. This position is responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all washrooms, offices and lunch areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with guests, management and other Team Members and staff
- Work daily in the park and other facilities to clean mirrors, sinks, counters, and toilets in all washrooms, replenish supplies of paper towels, soap and toilet tissue, mop floors and empty garbage containers
- Wet and dry mop Aquarium, Arcade and Retail Gift Shop floors and vacuum offices
- Ensure all park facilities are cleaned, including but not limited to guest areas, restaurants, kitchens, First Aid, aquarium and grandstand seating
- Work with enthusiasm and energy, multitasking and maintaining the integrity of the property while working under a variety of pressures and various weather conditions, including working overnight
- Follow all legislative and Marineland Health and Safety policies
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Direct front line customer service experience in a related field is preferable
- Ability to make decisions, work alone and understand when to take appropriate action in situations.
- Ability to work with a can-do attitude, always achieving a positive outcome.
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and janitorial and security operations in a large facility considered an asset
- Must be physically able to stand and/or walk throughout the entirety of scheduled shifts, during various weather conditions. Some lifting will be required.
- Work independently or part of a team
- Support a 7 day a week operation, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Marineland of Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please contact us in advance to make us aware of your needs.