Our whole team plays an important role in protecting the health and safety of each of our employees. You need to see yourself as the primary guardian of your own health and safety and consider how your actions promote the health and safety of others as well. Ongoing diligence keeps us all safe. By taking responsibility for your own health and safety, and that others, you and every other member of our team will ensure our workplace remains safe for everyone. Every day, as an employee, it is important to consider how your actions can positively contribute to a healthy and safe workplace for you and your colleagues.
Your health and safety matters and preventing workplace injuries is important to everyone.
To promote health and safety at Marineland we expect all employees will at all times:
Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the worker’s employer requires be wearing or using
- Report to his or her employer or Team Leader the absences of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself, herself, or another worker
- Report to his or her employer or Team Leader any contravention of the Occupational Health & Safety Act or the regulations or existence of any hazard of which he or she knows
- Comply with all Marineland of Canada Inc. health & safety policies:
- Not operate equipment or machinery without given proper instruction and authority to do so.
- Not engage in horseplay or running around Wear all personal protective equipment properly and in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Not climb on any racking, shelving, or fencing.
- Not ride on any lifting devices in a manner that is unsafe.
- Tie back all long hair to avoid tangling in machinery where applicable.
- Not put any foreign objects (body or innate) into any machinery. Not remove any machine guards.
- Adhere to all safety signage.
- Smoke (tobacco) only in accordance with regulations and Marineland of Canada’s policy. Please review the Substance Use Policy #1.3 for further information.
- Always ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported immediately to a Team Leader.
- Not remove or make ineffective any protective device required by the regulations or by his or her employer without providing an adequate temporary protective device and when the need for removing or making ineffective the protective device that has ceased, the protective device shall be replaced immediately; or
- not use or operate any equipment, machine, device or thing or work in a manner that may endanger him or herself or any other worker; or
- engage in any prank, contest or feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action up to and including employment termination.